Monday, February 7, 2011
A prayer and an opportunity to Bless
So, last Tuesday morning I asked the Lord to help me know who to bless. That afternoon I went to look at a Sofa Bed that Carol & I saw on Discover Moose Jaw. The couple invited me into their home to look at it. I decided that the price was right so I said I'd take it. I pulled out some 20's and asked if they had change (since the price was $50). They didn't so I suggested that I would go and get some change. I paid them $60, we loaded the bed into my van, and then I drove away to find a store where I could get some change. That's when the Lord reminded me about my prayer from that morning. I took that as a 'whisper' and turned the van around. I told them about my prayer and how it seemed like God wanted me to tell them to 'keep the change'. He thanked me, extended his hand, we shook, and I drove away. It's funny how, even as I write this, that $10 really did (does?) feel like a sacrifice - but I think God's people are supposed to be marked by generosity. Anyways, it was the way that the Lord seemed to direct me that I could be a blessing. - Kevin R.